Monday, August 23, 2010

Sentence Sneak Peak - Infinite Days

Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

The first sentence from each chapter of Infinite Days, it's like a mini summary of some of what you can expect to read.


"Those were the last words I could remember."

"My house was a stone castle."

"Grief is an emotion not completely foreign to vampires but it feels more like a shift or a change in the direction of the wind.'

"Do something?"

"Bleeeeeep."

"First day of classes."

"As soon as assembly was over, everyone started to move toward the exits."

"At around 3:30, I finished my last class of the day."

"Claudia!"

"You realize we're partners right?"

"I wish I could tell you that I sat in bright sunlight on the bow of the boat with my feet dangling over the edge."

"Lenah!"

"Have you ever in your life wanted to do something terrible?"

"Nickerson Summit is a bridge suspended 150 feet over a river."

"Lenah!"

"Crash--smack!"

"I sat on the Madame Curie statue's basin and looked out at Wick-ham campus, but my eyes quickly lost focus."

"Justin's family lived in...get this...Rhode Island."

"That next morning, I could feel the chill in the air even in the bundles of blankets on the guest bed."

"Tap tap--tap."

"A Chinese vase shattered against a wall in a living room cast in shadow."

"Lenah?"

"Wickham beach was deserted, but I sat on the stone wall, anyway."

"A snowball cam whizzing toward my face and smacked me square in the forehead."

"Two days after my return to Hathersage, I leaned against the window frame and stared out at the fields through an upper-floor window."

"One blink."

"Come," Heath instructed."

"The way the sun filtered through the blinds in Quartz was completely different from Seeker."

"It took an hour to convince Justin that he needed to go about his day as though I wasn't there."

"Rosemary," I told the woman behind the herbs and flowers cart."

"This way," Justin directed."

"Lenah!?""

"I stumbled out of my bedroom, closing the door behind me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)