Friday, October 29, 2010

Still Sucks To Be Me - My favorite quotes/lines

These quotes/lines from the book will give you some insight into how funny and interesting a book about a teenage vampire can be.


"What's the point of having a funeral if you can't go and see who cared enough to show up?"

I laughed a lot when I read the following line because I too have imagined the same thing. :)
"I imagine eating some of those yummy Frenchish doughnut things called beignets I saw on some Food Network show about New Orleans,..."

"The only thing I can be positive about is that the situation keeps getting suckier and suckier every time I turn around."

Well I think this has to be one of the best insults I've read in a while,
"damn Cullenist"

When overhearing someone talk about her eyes,
"(Oh, c'mon! I mean, they are really ultrablue now, but I don't look like a total freak or anything. I don't think. I hope.)"

"Maybe tomorrow I'll get one of everything and eat all of it. That would really mess with their heads."

"...tomatoes being in the nightshade family. (Apparently people back then were idiots and thought they were poison, so when they threw a tomato at you, they really didn't like you ... okay, so I was the only one paying attention. Yes, I can walk and chew gum at the same time."

"Gossip is like an art form in a small town. Or a disease."

"Though I don’t want to smell all manly man. Not really girly girl either, since that conjures up images of puffy pink clouds. Maybe womanly woman? What would that smell like?"

"Not that Raven is any kind of Harry Potter. She’s not even Draco Malfoy."

"But I guess she’s just like the supervillains in all the comic books—can’t resist the monologue. Well, I’ll be more than happy to foil her evil plans."

I might make the following line into my new motto,
"I’m a doer, not a twiddle-my-thumbs-er."

"If the smile on her face gets even bigger, she’ll have to reach around to the backside of her head to brush her teeth."

"...but George’s smile has the power to make everything feel right."

2 comments:

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)