Friday, December 17, 2010

Naughty vs. Nice Necromancer


Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride

Every family has their secrets and in Sam’s family this is more than true.

One lesson this book shows: if you have a weird name (i.e. are named after a pagan holiday) you might just want to ask your parents what prompted the choice, you could be amazed at what the answers could reveal.

If people are not already a little skittish about opening boxes that they do not know the content of I am sure that this book will make them much more paranoid then before. If you get package from the naughty necromancer of the story you should be warned not to drop it, if you did you could really hurt someone's feelings in the process. ;)

This book Is a good quick read with a new view on a couple of the different types of characters we are getting to see more and more of. I like that with two of the characters you get to see the extreme opposite ends of the spectrum on what a necromancer is and can be. I love the harbinger's school girl look. Also as a first glimpse I like so far what I see in the hybrid fayhound/were species and that it is actually pointed out some of the pluses and minuses of that gene combo versus the full blood weres.

I give this book three tiara wearing bats and an extra tiara for the author to wear. I love all the twists and turns to the story but I want more. It seems like enough opens ends were left that I am going to be disappointed if we do not see a sequel to this. The author even did a good job of setting it up so that you have prequel options for if you want to go back and tell the story of the packs or the background of the council in more detail. I would read either of these and be happy to see the gaps in my knowledge filled, because to be honest some of the things left me feeling about as clueless as Sam. Love the book and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good laugh and a slightly shadowy (it is not quite to the point I would call dark) read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)