Thursday, January 13, 2011

Across the Universe - My favorite quotes/lines

Here's some lines/quotes from  Across the Universe that will show you why it's such an interesting and intense read.

*All quotes/lines taken from an ARC I received via LibraryThing
"I just wish I could see myself in me."


"How could anyone say someone with sunset hair is nonessential?"

"I could only have dreamt in that small time when my body was melting but my soul hadn't yet."

"Not only are you freakishly white with weird hair," Eldest adds, "you're also abnormally young."

"I have just replaced one box for another."

"It is like a piece of my soul has been lost, empty, and it is now filled with the light of a million stars."

"Eldest has always taught me that Hitler was a wise, cul-tured leader for his people."

"And in her smile I see something more beautiful than stars."

"Even though I know the rain is fake, it feels the same as real rain, and I desperately need that."

"And even though I know their eyes aren't interested in me, the soullessness of them fills me with a dread I cannot explain."

"Do you know you have a friend in me?"

"A leader isn't someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others so that they may have the strength to stand on their own."

"Maybe the secret of the stars has nothing to do with being alone."

2 comments:

  1. That Hitler line was a pivotal point in the book for me. It's when I realized that Eldest was a sick, sick man and could not be trusted. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that line really makes you step back and question how the ship is being run.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)