Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

The first sentence from each chapter of Dash & Lily's Book of Dares  it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.   
*All sentences taken from a book I received via For What It's Worth's Book Tours

"Imagine this: You're in your favorite bookstore, scanning the shelves."

"I love Christmas."

"Is this a joke?"

"I have never gone to a movie by myself."

"The doorbell rang at around noon, just when Gramma Got Run Over should have been getting out."

"I woke up on Christmas Eve morning, and my first instinct was sheer excitement: Yay!"

"Boomer refused to tell me a thing."

"I decided to give myself a Christmas present this year."

"I was woken up at eight in the morning by a banging on the door."

"You're grounded."

"So I found myself once again at the Strand."

"Do you still kill gerbils?"

"How do you know Lily?"

"fan•ci•ful\fan(t)si-fəl\adj (ca. 1627) 1. marked by fancy or unrestrained imagination rather than by reason and experience."

"I woke up next to Sofia."

"Males are the most incomprehensible species."


"It was rather awkward, insofar as we were both teetering between the possibility of something and the possibility of nothing."


"The news of the world travels fast and far."


"We retreated to my mother's apartment after I was released from jail."


"Imagine this: You may not own the claim to a friend called Boomer who can get the key to his famous aunt's cooking studio."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)