Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Bumped by Megan McCafferty

Bumped by Megan McCafferty

The first sentence from each chapter of Bumped, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

*I received this galley from NetGalley.com.
*Book will be released on April 26, 2011
*Spoilers are highlighted :)

"I'M SIXTEEN."

"I LOVE THE MEADOWLANDS MALLPLEX!"

"I CAN'T GET A CLEAR LOOK AT HARMONY'S FACE."

"MELODY AND I CAME INTO THIS LIFE TOGETHER AND I'LL DO whatever it takes to see her in the next one."

"DO YOU KNOW WHO ELSE MAKES A BOLD STATEMENT?"

"I'M BEING PATIENT, KEEPING AN OPEN HEART, FORGIVING Melody for her participation in the buying and selling of blasphemous synthetic blessings when she comes running out of the dressing room blind-wild as a beheaded chicken."

"FOUR YEARS AGO TODAY, MANDATORY BLOOD TESTS confirmed that 75 percent of sixth through eighth graders at Princeton Day Academy Junior School had been infected with the Virus."

"WHAT IS IT?"

"SO AFTER DELETING HIMSELF FROM MY LIFE FOR WEEKS, HE totally stalks me at the Mallplex just to let me know that he chauffeured a bunch of Cheerclones to one of their nasty masSEX parties."

"ZEN AND I ARE SEATED IN A BOOTH AT THE U.S. BUFF-A."

"I WAKE AT DAWN IN PANIC, NOT PRAYER."

"I THINK HARMONY MISSES GOODSIDE ALREADY."

"I'M SITTING ON THE FLOOR IN THE MIDDLE OF MELODY'S closet, averting my eyes as she models yet another outfit in front of the mirror."

"ZEN IS STRADDLING HIS BIKE IN MY DRIVEWAY."

"NOW THAT MELODY IS GONE, ALL I HAVE TO DO IS WAIT."

"GAH."

"THE DOORBELL RINGS."

"I'M NOT PROUD TO SAY THAT I BLINDED MALIA AFTER HER LAST MiNet rant."

"I CAN'T SPEAK."

"NOT MUCH IN THE WAY OF VALUABLE EDUCATION HAPPENED today."

"JONDOE PUSHES OPEN THE DOOR, SWEEPS INSIDE THE bedroom, then heads straight to the floor-to-ceiling windows."

"WITH SO MUCH GOING ON TODAY I COULD BARELY FOCUS ON my flexbooks."

"WHEN I OPEN MY EYES, I SEE JONDOE GAPING AT ME IN UTTER wonder."

"VENTURA VIDA HAS THE PEE STICK."

"TONIGHT?"

"I'M IGNORING MORE THAN 250 MESSAGES MINETTED WHILE I was in school."

"I FOLLOW JONDOE OUT OF THE ROOM, DOWN THE HALL TOWARD the entrance to the house."

"WE DON'T SAY ANYTHING UNTIL MY HOUSE IS IN SIGHT."

"ZEN'S BOPPING HIS HIPS BACK AND FORTH, WAGGLING HIS finger in whole world's face, mimicking the famous moves that go along with Fed Double X's first hit, "Toldja (So)."

"HIS VOICE—RESONANT AND REASSURING—IS THE FIRST sound I hear."

"I FEEL GOOD," RAM SAYS."

"AFTER WE LEFT THE AVATARCADE, WE SPED THROUGH THE darkness once again and headed to the Underground All-Sports Arena, where an even thicker "scrum of scummers," as Jondoe put it, followed, fotoed, and filmed us as we kicked around a soccer ball for a few minutes."

"NOW, THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME TO TAKE."

"JONDOE WAVES HIS HANDS IN FRONT OF MY FACE."

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?"

"WE'RE HURTLING OVER THE HILLS AT A HUNDRED MILES PER hour."

"I OPEN MY EYES TO SEE THE MAN WHO HAS WALKED BESIDE me in my dreams for as long as I can remember dreaming."

"I AM QUITE LITERALLY FLOORED, PARALYZED BY THE NEWS that my married, trubie twin sister spermjacked my RePro, not just any RePro, but the hottest on the MiNet."

"THE SOBBING, HEAVING COUPLE IS HUGGING JONDOE (GABRIEL!) with no signs of ever letting go."

"FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS I WAITED."

"THE THREESOME BREAKS APART."

"I KNEW ABOUT HARMONY WAY BEFORE SHE KNEW ABOUT ME."

"WE'RE SITTING AROUND THE KITCHEN TABLE, OUR HEADS BENT over four bowls or orange noodles."

"GETTING TO THE BIRTH CENTER ISN'T AS EASY AS IT SOUNDS."

"JONDOE'S FATHER BEGINS THE STORY."

"A LARGE SIGN AT THE ENTRANCE TO IVY OBSTETRICS AND Birthing Center reads:
                                                NO INFANTS ON PREMISES
All deliveries are brought to separate processing facilities immediately following postpartum approval screenings by the Newborn Quality Testing Service
I reluctantly approach the security kiosk."

"WE STAND IN FRONT OF A CLOSED DOOR ON THE SECOND floor."

"POSTPARTUM HEMORRHAGING IS SOMETHING WE LEARN ABOUT in birthing class."

"I AWAKE NOT IN PANIC, NOR IN PRAYER."

"I'M YANKED OUT OF SLEEP BUT NOT QUITE INTO FULL consciousness."

"A TWIN."

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M EXPECTING TO SEE WHEN I GET TO Shoko's room."

"MY SECOND AWAKENING IS SO MUCH WORSE THAN THE FIRST."

"I'M WAITING FOR ZEN IN OUR SPOT."

"AS HEART-AND STOMACH-WRENCHING AS JONDOE'S  CONFESSIONS are to hear, I can't stop myself from listening."

"A CONDOM!"

"I'VE RUN FOR TEN MINUTES, DARTING DOWN EMPTY SIDE streets and avoiding busy roads, hoping that Zen will reach me before Lib does."

"HARMONY IS BEYOND EMOTIONAL."

"I LOOK OUT THE WINDOW, THE SCENERY WHIZZING BY TOO quickly to make sense of anything I'm seeing."

"ZEN INSISTS THAT SCHOOL IS THE BEST PLACE FOR HIM TO do damage control."

"I'VE MEMORIZED PLENTY OF VERSES, BUT PRAYING ON THEM hasn't brought me any closer to understanding what they really mean."

"ZEN IS STRUGGLING."

"WHEN I LAY DOWN WITH JONDOE, HE PROMISED TO SHOW ME the Truth."

"WITH ZEN'S KISS STILL FRESH ON MY LIPS, I'M READY TO FACE anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)