Monday, March 28, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Future Imperfect

Future Imperfect by K. Ryer Breese

The first sentence from each chapter of Future Imperfect, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.


*All first sentences are from an ARC I read via Star Book Tours.

* Release date - April 26, 2011
Prologue: "Jimi Ministry didn't have this many tattoos two weeks ago."

"Thanks for the letter,  Heinz."

"Dad
You remember that time we went to the sand dunes?"

"Dear Dr. Gore, 

Thank you for your short note."

"Professor Graham, 

A family friend of mine, Dr. Reginald Borgo, suggested I get in touch with you about a certain school project I'm working on."

"To Whom It May Concern: 

So, I've been getting these calls."

"Dr. David Gore

I don't know why you're insisting on doubting what I'm telling you."

"Dark Lord von Ravengate,

Cool spell."

"Dear Professor Susan Graham
Thank you again for your replies to my letters."

"Dr. David Gore

Fuck you."

"Dear Dad
No one ever gets letters anymore, so I'm kind of proud of the fact that I don't really use e-mail."

"Dr. Borgo
Funny getting a letter from me, right?"

"Dear Mom
Why I put this behind the crucifix on the back porch is because I knew you'd find it when you were gathering for your Sunday Midnight Bible Class."

"Heinz
I appreciated your card and I've been meaning to write you for a few months now, but things have been nuts."

2 comments:

  1. Huh, so is this written as a series of letters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kate, no, each chapter just starts with a letter because the narrator doesn't like to use email.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)