Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Hickey of the Beast

Hickey of the Beast by Isabel Kunkle

The first sentence from each chapter of Hickey of the Beast, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Received this book for review from the publisher Candlemark & Gleam
* This is a Bibliognome Exclusive: I was the only blog given permission to post the first sentences of each chapter so you'll get a true sneak peek and see why you should purchase a subscription to this awesome serial,


"Amanda, You're not going to believe any of what comes after this."

"I wasn't there, of course."

"Abby went home the next week."

"I had my next dream a few days later."

"Right then, discovering that just made me feel kind of dumb."

"Don't get me wrong."

"At least your targets are getting better," said Jenny, reaching for the syrup."

"I don't know how it works for you down in Pennsylvania, Amanda, but October in New England is pretty nice if the weather behaves itself."

"Thank God for Sarah."

"Becky wasn't back in class on Thursday."

"Wednesday afternoon in the girls' locker room, twenty minutes before the game."

"What the hell do you do in a moment like that?"

"Autumn would've probably been right normally."

"I kind of thought that I'd stop seeing things once I got out of the clearing."

"Oh, Consuela, you look so pretty."

"Same goddamn thing as before."

"He looked exactly like I'd seen him in my dream: tattered, half-transparent, and absolutely freaky."

"I can't believe you brought a whiteboard," I said."

"It was Laura: Laura Chan, the flutist I'd seen at the Red and White."

"I'm just going to say I got dizzy then."

"Most of our vacations take a lot of prep time."

"My relatives weren't exactly a font of information."

"It wasn't the dream itself so much."

"It's blood," I said."

"We don't know for sure," Autumn said quietly, breaking the little bubble of silence which had held all three of us for a minute."

"Consuela?"

"Good thing Jenny's parents had gone out to dinner that night."

"Getting out of my house in the middle of the night isn't really that hard."

"Connie?"

"You can probably guess most of what happened next: the late-night phone calls, the yelling, and the questions I didn't have any good answer to."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)