Monday, May 2, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - The Royal Treatment

The Royal Treatment by Lindsey Leavitt

The first sentence from each chapter of The Royal Treatment, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Was sent this ARC for review
* Spoilers are highlighted like this
* Book will be published May 3, 2011


"Hot Cross Buns" has to be one of the stupidest songs in the history of music."

"How many cartons of ice cream do you need?"

"Having abandoned any hope of learning an instrument in this century, I went with Plan B and spent the rest of the weekend listening to an extensive classical music playlist and scrolling through my manual to see if I could find anything more about Karl and Elsa's encounter."

"The interior of Meredith's bubble was more fabulous than ever."

"I rummaged through the racks and came out with a simple black boat-neck dress that looked just like the one Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's."

"The room's mirrored walls made it very unclear where anything began or ended."

"I paused outside the transluscent structure, watching myself transform."

"Gavin took my hand and led me to the floor."

"Meredith pounded her hand on the desk."

"I didn't tell Kylee about the kissing part."

"Ever since Mom and I had our ice cream girly fest, we were making an effort to be more involved in each other's lives."

"Watching is a passive word, but I was anything but pas-sive during the next couple of hours."

"Danny Dakota puffed out his chest."

"I spent a lot of time alone in my room over the next few weeks."

"After the head-kissing weirdness, I kept my distance from Reed, only interacting when necessary during rehearsal "

"When I got to the theater the next night an hour before curtain, everyone backstage was abuzz with chaotic energy"

"I hobbled over to the dock entrance, taking careful steps down the ramp and onto dry land."

"When dinner was over, Isla took us around the palace while the king showed Gina the outside gardens."

"I faked a headache when we got back to the yacht, promising Barrett we'd go sightseeing the next day."

"Of course I knew Floressa Chase was famous."

"Sometime during the landing, the Rouge wore off, switching me back to my Titania costume."

"We dropped Floressa off in Tharma, and Meredith flipped on her reception room TV."

"Once I got her conscious, Meredith flew me home in record time."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)