Monday, August 8, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Witch Eyes

Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey

The first sentence from each chapter of Witch Eyes, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* Book will be released September 8, 2011
* ARC read via
Around The World ARC Tours
"Binding circles were bad news, my uncle said."

"There was a moment where time seemed to fracture, a crystalline snapshot of the world where Uncle Johnathan had started raising his arm, his face full of fear and alarm."

"Even though we lived in a remote area, our house was just off the main road and there was a convenience store just a few minutes away."

"The bus jerked back into motion."

"Ten minutes later, I'd found a city, a harbor, and a whole lot of water."

"Once he was gone, I ordered and immediately devoured my breakfast."

"On my way out the door the next morning, when my mind was filled with this overwhelming concept of high school, the strangest thing happened."

"At first, I thought Jade was leading me off campus."

"It didn't take us very long to arrive in front of the public library, but finding a parking space proved more difficult."

"There was a horn."

"Hello, Braden, Jason Thorpe said."

"I could have headed straight for the hotel, but I needed to pull myself together first."

"Before I even walked in the door the next morning, I ran into Jade."

"The first thing I did when I woke up was smack my hand against the phone next to me, and send it sweeping off the bed and onto the floor with a clack."

"I agreed to hang out with Jade and her friends, but I abso-lutely had to get home early enough to catch up on my homework."

"All this melodrama, and me without my camera," Lucien said."

"When I came to, I realized that the warmth beneath me was vaguely human shaped."

"The kiss started out incredibly gentle, just a meeting of random lips in the night."

"The next thing I knew, my cell phone was humming on the nightstand."

"Our first stop was Gregory's."

"This is Braden," Trey's tone was calm, maybe even a bit forceful."

"There was nothing in the book that helped me out at all."

"There was only a brief sense of something cool and silken, deep amidst the dreams."

"Don't strain yourself, Jason," I grasped the edge of the bed for stability."

"Drew, what are you doing here?"

"Even knowing the size and prowess of the Lansing name, I was stunned to see the house."

"What are you hiding from me, Braden?"

"Stay down," he grunted, keeping his dirt-crusted hand clenched over my mouth."

"I watched as Jason gestured with his left hand."

"They saw us a moment later, and I watched Jade grab onto his arm."

"You don't have anything I want," I said immediately."

"Of course it doesn't hurt, my darling."

"One week later
"You're out of bed, that's a start right?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)