Friday, December 16, 2011

VOTE Team Calla in the YA SISTERHOOD HEROINE TOURNEY



Hi, my name’s Becky B. and my blog is Bibliognome.

I’m the advocate for the ferociously fierce Calla Tor from the book Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. 

You can find me rooting for Calla at my blog and on Twitter @GeckyBoz.  You can support Calla with buttons found
here.  You can see my love for Nightshade by seeing my review of Nightshade here , my review of Wolfsbane here, and my favorite quotes/lines here.

Things you can do:
        Tweet, Facebook, yell from the roof tops (pretty much anything you can do to promote the tournament and Calla would be appreciated.)

If you tweet use the #HEROINETOURNEY or #TeamCalla hashtags

Here’s who to follow on Twitter so you know what's going on and when:
               Me - @GeckyBoz
               The YA Sisterhood - @YASisterhood
               Andrea Cremer - @andreacremer

All About Calla Tor:
"...the white wolf who'd been eyeing him was no longer an animal, but a girl with the wolf's golden eyes and platinum blond hair." (pg. 5, Nightshade)
Calla can change from a white wolf into a girl and back again at will.  Calla has platinum blond hair and golden eyes (but if you have any dumb blond jokes I wouldn’t recommend using them around her because she could literally rip your face off).

In Calla’s world there are witches (Keepers), Guardians (wolves), wraiths, succubus, incubi and even a smidgen of zombies.   The history of this world is complex because the history that's known has as the saying goes, been written by the winners.  This means that Calla has to figure out who she can trust.

In a refreshing sort of way the two love interests are both actually likable and she has many reasons for choosing either one.  This allows a lot of great tension to happen and lets the reader enjoy an actual believable love triangle where you don't know right away who she will choose.

Calla is a strong character who finds that most of what she knows about her world is wrong and yet she continues to go forward and look for the truth.

She tries even when terrified:
"My twisting gut didn't feel badass at all; it felt like pudding." (Calla pg. 409)
She makes hard decisions every day:
 "As an alpha I could help my packmates get the things they wanted, but there wasn't anyone who could do the same for me." - (Calla pg. 137)

Best Attributes:

I decided to list Calla’s best attributes via a Name Poem.

C – Courageous
A – Assured
L – Loyal
L – Lethal
A – Astute


A True Heroine:

Calla shows that she’s a true heroine in the very first pages of Nightshade when she faces down a rampaging bear to save the life of a stranger.  She does this even though she knows that in doing this that there could be horrible consequences for her.

This fearlessness is one of Calla's great strengths as a character and shows that she tries to do what is right no matter what the cost.


Why you should vote for Calla instead of Izzy

- She can transform into a freaking wolf (I don't know about you but I think that that is extremely cool.)

- Sure they can both fight but I would bet that Calla would win on pure awesomeness alone especially since she’s not a normal type of werewolf (Being a Guardian means she can shift into a wolf whenever she wants).


 Anything else you’d like to add:


This is a supernatural story that has a lot of heart and some great unexpected twists and turns.  It's  about choosing your destiny and figuring out which path is best.  Overall it's just a fantastic world full of characters that you can truly care about.
Please support Team Calla and vote, vote, vote :)

* Also be sure to check out Bibliognome today and see what prizes I'm offering for supporting Calla and what I'll giveaway if she wins this round.

Calla Tor Haiku


Named for a lily                                       
This Guardian will not wilt
She will find a way



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)