Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir)

"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on...



Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson


* Book will be released April 17, 2012


Check out the description from Goodreads:
"When Jenny Lawson was little, all she ever wanted was to fit in. That dream was cut short by her fantastically unbalanced father (a professional taxidermist who created dead-animal hand puppets) and a childhood of wearing winter shoes made out of used bread sacks. It did, however, open up an opportunity for Lawson to find the humor in the strange shame spiral that is her life, and we are all the better for it.
Lawson's long-suffering husband and sweet daughter are the perfect comedic foils to her absurdities, and help her to uncover the surprising discovery that the most terribly human moments-the ones we want to pretend never happened-are the very same moments that make us the people we are today.
Let's Pretend This Never Happened is a poignantly disturbing, yet darkly hysterical tome for every intellectual misfit who thought they were the only ones to think the things that Lawson dares to say out loud. Like laughing at a funeral, this book is both irreverent and impossible to hold back once you get started."

I can't wait for this book.  The Bloggess aka Jenny Lawson is freaking hilarious which can be seen here.  I sometimes find myself actually laughing out loud at her blog so I imagine that the book will have me chuckling maniacally too.  I've already pre-ordered the book and even made sure that my Supervisor ordered a copy for the library where I work.

18 comments:

  1. this book is SO hilarious! honestly, it's her blog x100 on the laugh factor. I loved it so much.

    less than a week! hope you love it!

    my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, great to hear that it's hilarious :)

      Yeah, I'm counting down the days, I could use a funny book.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE THE BLOGGESS! (i was too excited, it came out in all caps haha). She is absolutely hilarious and I'm so excited to read this book! All her taxidermy collection is brilliant. Since you pre-ordered you get a signed bookplate, right? Hope you enjoy it when it comes in!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO :) Yeah I die laughing from just reading the blog so I can only imagine what reading the book will be like. I do get a signed bookplate too :) Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Hi there :) just popping in...

    Sounds like a fun book!

    I'm also your newest follower :D

    Here is my choice...
    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for stopping by. Yep, looks to be a very funny book.

      Thanks. :)

      Delete
  4. Awww..sounds like a pretty good book! May have to look into it and add it to my wishlist :)
    You can see my WOW here to see what pre-publication book I'm 'dying' to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. I would definitely add it to your list if you like humorous books.

      Delete
  5. OMFG. That cover just killed me. XD

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved the cover, great pick.

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_11.html

      Delete
    2. @Patricia, @Tribute Books Mama
      Yeah, I really love the cover too. :)

      Delete
  6. Yes! I can't wait to read this too! I <3 the Bloggess.

    My WoW Pick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, me too that's why I preoredred so I'd get it ASAP. :)

      Delete
  7. Amazing cover! I really want to read this!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's probably one of my favorite covers of the year. :)

      Delete
  8. Indeed :) Yeah, I'm not usually one for memoirs but this book looks hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)