Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ashalyn Reviews Destined

Destined by Aprilynne Pike


5 out of 5 Monkeys

Destined continues right from where ended.  They are running for Klea and Yuki is trapped by a circle of salt.  Which leads the group racing to save Avalon from destruction.  This story is super fast paced and can honestly say I am actually glad (as well as shocked) I read this before Insurgent mainly it was because it was a conclusion to a series and I really did not want to find out how it ended before spoilers started surfacing (I get curious and would look).  I warn this will not have a happy ending for everyone, so be prepared.    

It is amazing how a series I almost passed up ended up as one of my favorite; I even almost didn’t read the second.  Pike I watched grow from a half way interesting author to amazing.  I love when books gradually go up the scale hence why I usually do not give up on series despite my previous dislike (esp ones with 2-4 books).  It had everything anyone could want including an interesting triangle and a fast paced original storyline.  Plus a full conclusion so there is complete closure.

I worked on summarizing a brief description of the story and was very unsuccessful so I am going to copy what t he description on the back of the book (the one I wrote was over 2 pages long and gave away a ton of parts) :
"Laurel now knows the truth: Yuki is a rare Winter faerie, the most powerful—and deadly—of all, and Klea plans to use her to help conquer and destroy Avalon. But Klea's reach extends far beyond one wild Winter faerie. With Tamani, David, and Chelsea by her side, Laurel prepares to face what may be Avalon's final days, in the stunning conclusion to the Wings series"
I applaud Pike for not being afraid to let an ending happen where we can honestly say is more realistic in life and makes me feel bad but at the same time understand that things don’t always disappear as hard as you try (think Katniss and Peeta in Hunger Games).

I can honestly say not many final books can pull off what Pike has done and that is why I praise it so much.   I would recommend this story to anyone who loves a great story that turns out to be a page turner.  As hard as it is to let these characters go I really want to say it could not have ended better.  

An Ashalyn Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)