Thursday, May 3, 2012

Diplomatic Debut

Alien Diplomacy by Gini Koch

* spoilers highlighted like so :)

Bibliognome Rating - 4 gnomes and a gnome hat out of 5 gnomes
Tiny Reverse Vampire Rating - 4 out of 5 tiara wearing bats

This series continues to be awesome because you never know what's going to happen next.  There are still plenty of laugh out loud moments and thinking outside the box.

Washington D.C. itself is like a character in the book, one that Kitty really hates.  The biggest fugly of all and this one she can't shoot.  I’ve never been to the desert but the way Kitty describes it makes me start to contemplate what it would be like.  She makes it sound a whole heck of a lot better then Washington.  

The theme of this installment seems to be change and how it’s not exactly easy.  Everyone is unsure of their new roles and not sure that they are any good at their new responsibilities.  Kitty just doesn’t get the intricacies of being a diplomat at first.


Also I continue to enjoy how Richard interacts with Kitty especially when he asks whether it’s catsuit time.  Together they just make for an extremely interesting and entertaining team.  They have some awesome teamwork  skills and chemistry (enough to make Jeff jealous anyway). White can follow her train of thought very well and is much  better at knowing her plans
following the Kittyisms.  I like the rest of the team also aka Martini as the Hulk, Christopher as the Flash and Chuckie, her very own Batman.

Gini Koch is extremely adept at weaving in new characters to the story and making it feel like they’ve belonged there all along.  I liked that some characters from Vegas were reintroduced
frat boy bodyguards.  Also it’s great how good of a judge of character Jamie is gotta love her timing too. May I also say how awesome Mr. Joel Oliver is, I hope he’s involved even more in the next book because it feels like he’s quite the important contact to have.  

As Kitty has said many times Jamie is indeed a good baby since I’m pretty sure most of Alpha Team and beyond would be dead without her intervention.  I have a feeling that Jamie is going to be kind of like the ringleader for this new bonanza of babies being born.  
I wonder what other powers will surface with the hybrids.

The teaser for the next book leaves me with so many freaking questions like what did Kitty do and why oh why are they back in Florida.  I can’t wait for the next installment in this truly unputdownable series.  Want it, want it now.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)