Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Great Goddess

* ARC provided via the publisher for review.


4 out of 5 gnomes

I love this series.  Mixing Greek mythology with the modern world is always interesting but this series does it in some great ways.  In this book the Titans come into play and of course they cause a lot of trouble.

Henry and Kate are not your normal type of newly weds.  Kate's been away for six months because that's part of the whole original agreement between Persephone and Hades.  She has been hoping that Henry would come visit her but even when she goes back after the six months he seems closed off again.

Kate's getting some unique gifts/powers are a great twist.  I can't wait to see what other powers develop.  Hopefully she will also gain some fighting expertise because I have a feeling she's going to need it.

Cronus, pretty much the head titan is very close to escaping.  You find out in this book that titans are the only thing that can kill the gods.  Also only the original six gods are strong enough to defeat Cronus, this of course is a problem because they all aren't exactly getting along.

Henry is still one of my favorite characters, I kind of wish the book was told from the perspective of both Henry and Kate.  He is understandably old fashioned seeing as he's been alive a very long time and then there's Kate who's still getting used to being immortal.  Henry was rejected once by Persephone who is Kate's sister, well half-sister, and the hurt from that almost destroyed him.  Him and Kate are a match that looks like it will stand the test of time, it will just takes some understanding and clear communication.

I think Kate is a little fast to sacrifice herself sometimes and does run into a lot of troublesome situations.  If she would only learn to think ahead and to figure out that not everybody is trustworthy then she would accomplish so much more.  I did want to kick her at one point for actually trusting a character again who she knows hasn't proven trustworthy before.

The ending I swear it hurt my brain because you'll think everything is okay but then the book ends on a very OMG kind of moment.  The ending made me want the next book so very ASAP.  I can't wait to see where the story goes from here, this is definitely my kind of mythology.

Check out the book trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)