Monday, June 11, 2012

Sentence Sneak Peek - Goddess Interrupted

The first sentence from each chapter of Goddess Interrupted, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)  
* ARC provided by the publisher for review
"Calliope trudged through the sunny field as she ignored the babble of the redhead trailing behind her."

"When I was a kid, each fall my teachers had the class write and present one of those horrible "What I Did Last Sum-mer" essays, complete with pictures and funny anecdotes designed to make a classroom full of bored students pay attention."

"Henry appeared inches in front of me, his face twisted with such fury that I shrank back."

"I didn't know much about being a god, but I did know gods weren't supposed to bleed."

"As glass flew through the air, I covered my head instinc-tively, but the jagged edges glanced off my skin as if I were made of Kevlar."

"I flew to Henry's side, too afraid to touch him, but too frightened to turn away, either."

"Persephone."

"Out of all the things I'd imagined could go wrong with this journey through the Underworld, Cronus trying to stop us had never crossed my mind."

"She looked exactly like the image I'd seen of her months ago, except her hair was the color of wheat instead of strawberry-blond."

"A cut ran down his cheek, dripping blood onto the collar of his black shirt, but at least Henry was alive."

"Kate!"

"Ava fell to her knees beside the bushes, groping along the wall for the crack that had engulfed Persephone."

"This time when I opened my eyes and saw Cronus's cavern, it wasn't a vision."

"As the seconds ticked by like hours, the others appeared around us."

"The burning hatred in Calliope's eyes made every bone in my body freeze in place, as if she'd turned me to stone."

"I spent the afternoon searching the entire wing for Henry, but no one had seen him."

"Henry didn't come back after the meeting ended."

"I opened my mouth to scream, but nothing came out."

"My mouth went dry, and I picked up the boots and tossed them on the bed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)