Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sentence Sneak Peek - Inkarna

Inkarna by Nerine Dorman

The first sentence from each chapter of Inkarna, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)  
* ARC provided by the author for review

“Tomorrow will be the first time I die.”

“Something’s wrong.”

“The following morning I wake early, just as the darkness bleeds out of the dawn and the world outside my window resolves into recognizable objects taking form out of the inkiness.”

“How I manage to reach Marlise’s house, I don’t know.”

“Thursday and my first official day as a barman at The Event Horizon comes ‘round a lot sooner than I and anticipate.”

“A sharp slap brings me to my senses and I sit up, a man’s scream still ringing in my ears.”

“We hear nothing more from our unquite friend for the rest of Sunday.”

While Ashton’s spirit might not be able to torment me further in the material world, he follows me in my dream, where I walk through Wynberg.”

“Where’s the stele?”

“We don’t stir from the bed until noon on Wednesday.”

“The dream about Ashton ends and I sit up in a room so shrouded in cloying darkness I don’t at first know where I am.”

Cynthia’s hand moves so quickly, I don’t have a chance to recognize what she’s holding before a wasp-sting of pain flares on my neck.”

“Most people, I’m sure, would also have a sixth sense, an awareness of when they’re not alone in a room.”

“Cicadas shriek in the ragged ghost gum that offers scant shade to Camdeboo Kitchen, a small hole-in-the wall Karoo pub.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)