Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sentence Sneak Peek - Demon Eyes

Demon Eyes by Scott Tracey

The first sentence from each chapter of Demon Eyes, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.


* ARC read via NetGalley
* Book will be released October 8, 2012
* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“Power is a problem,” a dead man said to me.”

“I don’t need to see another doctor.”

“I have a bad feeling about this.”

“How are you?”

“It was a standoff, Greg and I standing ten feet away near the couch, and the little girl in the doorway.”

“It was barely noon when I walked back into my bedroom.”

“Jason was already seated at the country-style table when I walked into the dining room the next morning.”

“Jason wouldn’t let me leave until he’d smeared my face with some nasty grey-green paste.”

“Main Street was unusually quiet later that afternoon.”

“That night, Jason came home.”

“The hallways on Monday morning were tense.”

“That afternoon, I had a plan.”

“Drew dropped me off at the front gate, and I trekked up the long driveway to the house.”

“The idea of sleep never really crossed my mind.”

“I spent the next morning holed up in my room with the Hastings Treatise.

“What did you say to my mother?”

Uncle John was really here.”

“Even with my sunglasses on, I was blind the moment I walked out of the cemetery gate.”

“Through-traffic had been suspended, so Trey simply pulled to the side of the road.”

“There wasn’t a scene when Drew dropped me off, despite his very best effort.”

“The next morning, I didn’t go to school.”

Trey didn’t just walk out of the room, he walked halfway down the hall before he stopped and whirled on me.

“So.”

“Thursday was gray and unhappy.”

“Riley wasn’t exaggerating.”

“When I woke, the office was empty, and the lights were off, and the sun was going down.”

“I redialed Jade twice before we got to the bike, but she didn’t pick up.”

“Next time we save the day, we’re not waiting around for them to regroup,” Drew snarled, dropping into a defensive position.”

“The cavern was something between Prohibition hideout, storm cellar, and cultist’s dream vacation.”

“I barely remembered making it into the house and into my bed.”

“Storms raged the rest of the morning and into the afternoon.”

“My heart wouldn’t stop thudding in my chest—I was sure Drew could feel it hammering against his spine on the ride to school.”

“John came in from behind the demon, down one of the darkened side hallways that splintered off from the main.”

“Braden!”

“No!”

I was six years old.

“A staircase was set into the wall to my left.”

“I was still screaming when I hit the ground.”

“It took us some time to climb out of the basement.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)