Friday, August 10, 2012

Vivacious Venom

Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs

4 gnomes out of 5 gnomes

I'm a sucker for a series that has Greek mythology and I really like the unique spin that this story takes with mythology.

Having three sisters be the descendants of Medusa and destined to fight monsters is a lot of fun. How they go about this is even more interesting, having them have to actually bite the monsters makes for some quite interesting encounters.

There is some great description in the book especially with the monsters. It's easy to picture how scary and gross these beasts would look. Then there's the smell of each monster (I know that bad smells would have me paranoid if I was them). San Francisco also starts to feel like a character in the book as it seems that it's also monster central.

Each sister has their own unique voice and really helps the story. Three differing points of view show you the three extremely different takes that the girls all have on the same situation. I really didn't like Greer at first but by the end she really starts to grow slowly but surely as a character.

It usually takes me forever to figure out plot twists so I was surprised that I figured a couple out so fast like who would be someone important. Also was wondering why one certain book would have just so many answers and yet never been read by anyone.

It feels like there is just so much left to discover. I'm very interested in knowing what's up with Grace's brother Thane. Also I'm wondering just how much the various gods are involved in this universe. Then there's the wondering about why the monster patterns are changing and if all monsters are truly evil.

The ending was great and leads to the three looking like they all may be willing to accept their destiny after all. I'm really looking forward to the next installment in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)