Friday, September 7, 2012

Angstful Adventures

* Book received from the author for review


Five out of five tiara wearing bats

This was one of those books that I knew by the synopsis that it was going to be a great read.  I had no clue though that it would have me completely hooked by the end of chapter one.  Chapter one is only five pages long. The story hooked my interest fast and kept me along for the ride.  The author was good at keeping you guessing.  Surprises were layered throughout about all characters.

I am an avid fan of the underdog hero and this book may have taken that even farther.  Humor abounds mixed with a good amount of action and fun to make up this story.  I like the setting, it seems like high fantasy but uses common language.  The twists and turns will take you on a wild ride in this world where Magic literally is running rampant.

I think the thing I like most about this book is the difference in the main form of magics that it shows.  Instead of spell casters it is different imbued abilities that some people have.  All with positives and negatives. My favorite character is Rose.  Although I was able to tell what her magic ability was early on I never saw the downside to it coming.  I love that if she had listened to Angst and not come along, they would have all perished at least once.  Score one for Victoria’s judgment in sending her.

I don't want to spoil anything so I’ll just leave it at this, if you’re looking for a great read pick up Angst (yes that really the main character’s name) and see exactly how much a stout, middle aged, stonemancer, office worker, with a  wannabe knight complex, and a
giant sword can do.  



Favorite Quote: “When opportunity knocks, it's typically hard and in the back of the head.” (pg. 61)


* You can find out more about Angst by checking out:

David J. Pedersen's Blog: http://gotangst.blogspot.com
Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/Angst-ebook/dp/B004D4ZZ54/
B&N: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Angst/David-Pedersen/e/2940011870057/

A Tiny Reverse Vampire Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)