Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Scent of Magic


"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on...  

Scent of Magic
by Maria V. Snyder

* Book will be released December 18, 2012

Check out the description from Barnes & Noble:

"As the last Healer in the Fifteen Realms, Avry of Kazan is in a unique position: in the minds of friends and foes alike, she no longer exists. Despite her need to prevent the megalomaniacal King Tohon from winning control of the Realms, Avry is also determined to find her sister and repair their estrangement. And she must do it alone, as Kerrick, her partner and sole confidant, returns to Alga to summon his country into battle.

Though she should be in hiding, Avry will do whatever she can to support Tohon's opponents. Including infiltrating a holy army, evading magic sniffers, teaching forest skills to soldiers and figuring out how to stop Tohon's most horrible creations yet: an army of the walking dead—human and animal alike and nearly impossible to defeat.

War is coming and Avry is alone. Unless she figures out how to do the impossibleagain."

The first book in this series was a great read full of magic and surprising characters.  I can’t wait to see what happens in this book.  Maria V. Snyder just writes these amazing worlds and characters that always draw me right into the story.

11 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about Snyder's books. I should really read one. Hope you enjoy this went it's released.

    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I highly recommend the MAGIC STUDY series. Thanks for stopping by.:)

      Delete
  2. Awesome pick! lovely synopsis and cover!

    New follower via GFC! Please follow back :D
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah the cover on this one is really good. Glad you like Bibliognome/thanks for the follow. :)

      Delete
  3. yay! some fantasy this week, most people are all YA and contemp this week lol. great pick, definatly adding to my TBR pile.

    Check out my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love fantasy too and Maria V. Snyder is definitely a great fantasy author. Cool, hears hoping that you read it/enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. I should really check out this series. It sounds right up my alley. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yeah I would recommend pretty much anything that this author writes. Thanks for stopping by and checking out Bibliognome.

      Delete
  5. I read this one last month! It was quite good, although a little disappointing considering I ADORE Maria's other books and this was just... kinda dull. I hope you love it, though!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yeah I hope I like it too. So far these aren't as exciting as the MAGIC STUDY series but I think I'll continue to give them a chance and see if they grow on me.

      Delete
  6. Thanks yeah, this is definitely a series and author worth checking out. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)