Friday, April 5, 2013

Love at First Book - Across the Universe

* a feature in which we talk about first books that were love at first sight.  These are the books that draw you in and make you want the next books in a series ASAP.

Love at First Book

Across the Universe by Beth Revis, This is the book that I recommend to anyone and everyone.  Not many books can have you on a mission to get the book ASAP after reading only one chapter.  The first chapter is truly intense and really makes you think about whether you would make the same choice as Amy.  I truly don't know if I could leave one world behind with just an assurance that I would be traveling to another world.  

The world and characters make up a beautifully complicated story.  It takes the whole being on a ship in the middle of space to a place where the atmosphere feels pretty darn real.  This new environment which you as the reader explore with Amy is alien yet understandable. The characters and the mysteries just pull you in and don’t let go until the very last page.  Twists and turns abound and you may just feel all the feelings while reading. :)

4 comments:

  1. I just started this yesterday and @ 220 pages in I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome that's great to hear, here's hoping you love the ending of the book too :)

      Feel free to come back here and talk about the book or of course I'm always ready to talk about books on Twitter @GeckyBoz

      Delete
  2. Hey guys! Did you know that's the name of my blog? http://loveatfirstbook.com

    Is this a new feature of yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I did't know that(just knew that love at first look was a common expression and changed look to book.). Yeah as you've seen in the intro it's a new feature. If it's a problem I guess the title could be changed to Love at First Look - First books I adore.

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)