Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Awesome Audio - The Lost Hero

4 out of 5 stars

I adored listening to this book on audio.  Joshua Swanson is an awesome reader/narrator for The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan.  His reading really helps all the characters stand out.

I love the world that the author has build but I can’t help but compare this trio to the group from the first book.  

Jason vs. Percy - I think I like Percy better because he’s learning as he goes along and isn’t awesome right away.  Jason’s just pretty perfect right away.  Maybe I just like Poseidon better as a parent.  Jason just learns and accepts everything a little too fast for my taste.

Piper vs. Annabeth - They have some similarities but I still think I like Annabeth more.  Piper was more unlikable and annoying, she got better as the book progressed but in the beginning of the book I didn’t care for her at all.

My favorite character in this book is Leo, I almost wish the book had all been from his point of view.  He has a very shall we say interesting upbringing and has a great personality.  

The mix of the characters from the other series is fun and I hope I like the rest of the demigods from the prophecy too.

The enemy this time is huge right away and a world ending threat is not far away.  I like how everything worked out and leads into the next book. There is a big gamble going on that they have to succeed at.  I’m looking forward to listening to the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)