Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Holy Hepaestus, I love this book

The House of Hades by Rick Riordan

5 out of 5 gnomes

I am loving this series more with each book. Even though there are seven demigods to follow they still all have a concrete point of view and story without the story feeling cluttered..

I thought these points of view might become too much after awhile but they really work to the story’s advantage. There are still my favorite characters whose points of view that I like more aka Percy, Frank, Leo, oh and Hazel. Even my least favorite characters really stand out in this story and have more to do.

Riordan is great at descriptions and Tartarus is both horrifying and creepy just like the cover conveys it. Everything in Tartarus was intense and pretty much made you think Annabeth and Percy could die at any second. I was surprised by all the character that they met down there but also happy with one certain character that they met along the way.

It was great seeing the others gel more as a group and start to take full ownership of who they are and what they can do. Piper does the best thing ever and I think I've finally warmed up to her character (she really grows/becomes more of a good character.) Frank and Hazel are also awesome and becomes quite the heroes in this book.

The character growth was especially good in Nico and Leo. While reading I wanted to get Nico a hug and well some counseling probably wouldn’t hurt either. I also want to hug Leo and am thrilled by how he changes in this book.

I am so very happy that this book doesn't have a cliffhanger ending like the last one did. Can't wait for the next book and I’m still crossing my fingers and hoping that none of my favorite characters die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)