Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Monument 14: Savage Drift

"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on...  



Monument 14: Savage Drift by Emmy Laybourne

* Book will be released May 6, 2014

Check out the description from Barnes & Noble:

"It's over. 
Dean, Alex, and the other survivors of the Monument 14 have escaped the disaster zone and made it to the safety of a Canadian refugee camp. Some of the kids have been reunited with their families, and everyone is making tentative plans for the future. And then, Niko learns that his lost love, Josie, has survived! 
Or is it? 
For Josie, separated from the group and presumed dead, life has gone from bad to worse. Trapped in a terrible prison camp with other exposed O’s and traumatized by her experiences, she has given up all hope of rescue. Meanwhile, scared by the government’s unusual interest in her pregnancy, Astrid—along with her two protectors, Dean and Jake—joins Niko on his desperate quest to be reunited with Josie. 
In Monument 14: Savage Drift, the stunningly fierce conclusion to the Monument 14 trilogy, author Emmy Laybourne ups the stakes even higher for a group of kids who have continually survived the unthinkable. Can they do so one last time?"

I love this series because you never know what’s going to happen next. All the characters are compelling and you have to wonder if their lives can ever go back to some kind of normal. I have no idea how the series will end but I know I can’t wait to find out.

5 comments:

  1. My copy is on its way. I hope it will arrive soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, I pre-ordered mine on the Kindle so I just have to wait for it to show up there. Here's hoping it's a great ending to the series. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, I still haven't started the first yet. Haven't actually read much into it either (though I have seen a few good reviews), I'll definitely have to check them out soon though! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should it's a really great read especially if you like survival stories/lots of craziness. :)

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)