Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Meet Rachel - One of Bibliognome's new Reviewers

Today I'm very happy to introduce/welcome one of Bibliognome’s new reviewers, Rachel.  I'm thrilled to have more reviewers because this will allow Bibliognome to review even more books.

Her blog can be found here
Twitter: @Silelda

Rachel’s Bio: Rachel Noel is a Michigan native who took some time off to attend college in Iowa for a Bachelor’s in Philosophy and a Master’s in Library and Information Science. These days she’s back in Michigan working an international online database repository…Basically it’s an expensive, but extensive database of serials. When she is not at work she enjoys baking, reading, learning new coding languages, and playing games (board and video) with her husband.  

Interview with Rachel

Bibliognome: Why do you think it’s important to review books?

Rachel: As someone who has been burned by the hype surrounding popular books, I greatly appreciate reviews. Even if they are positive or negative, they show me things about the book (i.e. vague endings, inappropriate humor) that I may hate or love and I can make a significantly more informed decision.


Bibliognome: What’s been your favorite book so far this year?

Rachel: My favorite NEW book so far this year (because I've reread a few favorites) is probably A Million Ways to Die in the West, based on the screenplay for the upcoming movie by Seth MacFarlane. It was highly inappropriate at the best of times, but I almost rolled out of bed because I was laughing so hard. And the story flowed just right. No annoying plot holes, etc.


Bibliognome: Hardcover, paperback or ebook?

Rachel: This may sound strange, but I've almost always preferred paperback. I find them easier to carry around than hardcopy, and I still get the feel of a book that I don't from eBooks.


Bibliognome: What super power would you want the most?

Rachel: Only one superpower? Dang. I guess I'd want the ability to download information to my brain and be able to sort it, tag it, and have ready access to it for the rest of my days. A walking database.


Bibliognome: If you had a gnome, what would its name be?

Rachel: I've actually had this discussion for D&D. "Aiden" meaning "Little Fire".


Bibliognome: What’s your favorite book or series?

Rachel: There was a time when I'd have no problems answering with "The Dragonriders of Pern series!" Now, I'm not so sure. I think the dragons have been usurped by a series about superheroes trying to help people survive in the zombie apocalypse. The Ex-Heroes series by Peter Clines has even led me to other great books I never would have known about. So I guess, for this decade, they're the favorite series.


Bibliognome: What’s your favorite book to movie adaption?

Rachel: RED. The original comic book has so very little to do with the movie, but I love what they did with it in the movie. The book was all violence and going out in a blaze of glory. The movie was a lot more relaxed and enjoyable


Bibliognome: Anything else we should know about you?

Rachel: Feel free to send the dark humor books my way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)