Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Clariel

"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on...  


Clariel by Garth Nix

* Book will be released October 14, 2014

Check out the description from Goodreads:

"Sixteen-year-old Clariel is not adjusting well to her new life in the city of Belisaere, the capital of the Old Kingdom. She misses roaming freely within the forests of Estwael, and she feels trapped within the stone city walls. And in Belisaere she is forced to follow the plans, plots and demands of everyone, from her parents to her maid, to the sinister Guildmaster Kilip. Clariel can see her freedom slipping away. It seems too that the city itself is descending into chaos, as the ancient rules binding Abhorsen, King and Clayr appear to be disintegrating.

With the discovery of a dangerous Free Magic creature loose in the city, Clariel is given the chance both to prove her worth and make her escape. But events spin rapidly out of control. Clariel finds herself more trapped than ever, until help comes from an unlikely source. But the help comes at a terrible cost. Clariel must question the motivations and secret hearts of everyone around her - and it is herself she must question most of all."


I pretty much adore anything that Garth Nix writes and Sabriel and Lirael are some of my favorite books. This is one prequel that I can truly get excited about.

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I bought the others last week so can't wait to start them! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple friends who are soooooo into this series! I hear such great things about it, I hope you enjoy reading it!!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah it's a series I've been reading for a long time and it's so good.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this cover. I really liked Sabriel and Clariel, so I'm looking forward to this book too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a great cover and I can't wait to see what this book brings to that whole universe. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)