Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Sentence Sneak Peek - Seriously Wicked


Seriously Wicked by Tina Connolly

The first sentence from each chapter of Seriously Wicked, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

*Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* Read via NetGalley for review.
“I was mucking out the dragon’s garage when the witch’s text popped up on my phone.”

“It wasn’t the fault of the red-eared boy-band boy sitting next to me during Algebra II.”

“American History I is the worst class to have after lunch, because if there’s anything I’m going to fall asleep over, it’s Mrs. Taylor’s teaching method of playing ancient VHS tapes where actors explain the Bill of Rights using hip slang.”

“The demon was nine feet high.”

“Devon stood up slowly.”

“Devon was not on the bus the next morning.”

“There was a gaga moment where I didn’t recognize him.”

“Devon vanished around the T in the hallway as I bolted from Rourke’s room.”

“Thanks for filling the first task,” the demon said.”

“Relief at sharing my life with someone made me feel all giddy, like I’d just gone whooshing down the slide at the water park, or like that feeling when you suddenly know your crush likes you, and you light up from head to toe.”

“Shock waves ran through me at the implications of that last sentence, and then, backing up, for the flat-out horrid feeling of being accused.”

“A wobbly blond girl wobbled up from the bushes.”

“This is what I did Thursday evening while all the other kids in my school did homework and watched TV and texted each other and practiced violin and wrote poems and goofed off and painted self-portraits and leveled up and played basketball and practiced their stand-up and stared cross-eyed at their ceiling saying, “He kissed me.”

“If the awesomeness of a dance can be judged by the number of streamers, then the Halloween Dance Committee had outdone themselves.”

“This is how I felt.”

“I’d never seen Sarmine look scared before.”

“Blue Crush rocked.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)