Monday, May 4, 2015

Sentence Sneak Peek - Superheroes Anonymous

Superheroes Anonymous by Lexie Dunne

The first sentence from each chapter of Superheroes Anonymous, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

*Spoilers are highlighted like so :)


“I SHOULD PROBABLY start from the beginning.”

“WHAT KIND OF douchebag dumps somebody in the hospital?”

“A LOT CHANGED after Blaze left.”

“WHEN I SURFACED again, I wasn’t alone.”

“CHEMICAL SHOWERS APPARENTLY aren’t very warm.”

“THIS TIME, I had no idea how long I slept.”

“AFTER THE OFFICE, I stewed.”

“I WAS JUST telling you—wasn’t I telling you?”

“TRUE TO KIKI’S word, they fed me.”

“IT TOOK VICKI a few seconds to catch on.”

“THE GOOD NEWS, Girl, is that you’re dying.”

“Owww.”

“THERE WASN’T A lot to do after Angélica let me go for the night.”

“DID I SAY it was okay for you to try the simulators?”

“RUMORS OF MY not being needed at Mirror Reality, Inc. had been greatly exaggerated, it appeared.”

“WHEN I DRAGGED myself to my room, sore and more than a little tired after the session with Angélica, I found Guy leaning against my door, his hands in his pockets.”

“BACK IN MY suite, the first thing I did was check the cell phone I’d accidently left in my gym bag to see if I could find where Guy and Vicki had gone.”

“SOMETHING WAS UP with Guy.”

“EVEN THOUGH THE isotope and I had officially become one, I wasn’t actually cleared to leave Davenport until Angélica had been assured that I knew how to take care of myself.”

THE TEXT FROM Naomi, the first solid communication I’d had from her in days, showed up on my phone ten minutes after Angélica let me out of training the next afternoon.”

“OOH.”

“I WOKE UP on a stretcher.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)