Thursday, June 18, 2015

Review - Nowhere But Here

Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry

* Read via NetGalley

4 gnomes and a gnome hat out of 5 gnomes

So much drama, I love it all I really do. McGarry’s writing style and characters are like a really good TV show, you just get sucked right into the story. This book will draw you in right from the first page.

The dual point of view is on point like usual. It really makes the story zip along too as you go back and forth between these two.

Oz and Emily are two very surprising characters. They both had very interesting childhoods. Emily has some severe phobias and doesn’t like talking about her biological father/letting people know who he is. Oz grew up in the whole motorcycle club culture so he doesn’t really want to be anywhere else.

Behind the scenes of a motor cycle club is a great setting. There are plenty of surprises in how things are run with the whole legit club versus gang clubs and all the misconceptions out there.

It’s also awesome how involved yet crazy all the parents are. I like how it shows many kinds of families.

Once again I can’t wait for the next book because these books make you care about all the characters. I’m really curious to read Razor’s story next.

I like how you never know what’s going to happen next and how your expectations get subverted. I for one did not foresee the major surprises in this book. The ending is ultimately sad but hopeful.

2 comments:

  1. Great pick! I'll be sure to read this one as soon as I can. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you should check it out it's a really great start to a new series. :)

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)