Monday, October 19, 2015

Review - Carry On

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

5/5 gnomes

Dear Carry On,

You are such an awesome story. You’re full of weird and wonderful characters. You are a hard book to classify but I probably love you even more for that. I’ve been intrigued by your characters since I first read about them in the chapters from Rowell’s other book Fangirl.

You are an amalgamation of so many great chosen one/fantasy stories yet you bring something shiny and new to the table.

Your love story and breaking of the love triangle made me smile. This also shows some great relationships and how they change over time.

Your use of words/phrases was so clever. Having nursery rhymes, common phrases, and song lyrics be so magical is really fun. It’ll really make the reader wonder what phrases could be used and what you could accomplish with them.

Simon, Baz, Penny, Agatha: all your characters were surprising and different in very good ways.

PS: If this is how Rainbow Rowell writes fantasy, I really can’t wait to see what she writes next.

Sincerely,

Bibliognome

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this love note of yours. Ever since Fangirl, I've loved Simon's story and Carry On is next on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :)

      Yes, I was thrilled when I learned she'd be writing Simon's story too.

      Delete
  2. You make it sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)