Monday, October 26, 2015

Sentence Sneak Peek - The Martian

The Martian by Andy Weir


The first sentence from each chapter of The Martian, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“I’m pretty much fucked.”


“Okay, I’ve had a good night’s sleep, and things don’t seem as hopeless as they did yesterday.”


LOG ENTRY: SOL 25


Remember those old math questions you had in algebra class?”


LOG ENTRY: SOL 32


So I ran into a bunch of problems with my water plan.”


LOG ENTRY: SOL 38


I’m still cowering in the rover, but I’ve had time to think.”


“VENKAT KAPOOR returned to his office, dropped his briefcase on the floor, and collapsed into his leather chair.”


LOG ENTRY: SOL 63


I finished making water some time ago.”


“HELLO, AND thank your for joining us,” Cathy Warner said to the camera.”


LOG ENTRY: SOL 79


It’s the evening of my eighth day on the road.”


LOG ENTRY: SOL 90


Seven days since Pathfinder, and seven days closer to home.”


“SOMETHING’S COMIN IN...”


“WATNEY SLEPT peacefully in his bunk.”


The employees of Deyo Plastics worked double shifts to finish the Hab canvas for Ares 3.


AUDIO LOG TRANSCRIPT: SOL 119


You know what!”


“[08:12] WATNEY: Test.”


“Martinez:
Dr. Shields says I need to write personal messages to each of the crew.”


“LOG ENTRY: SOL 192
Holy shit!”


LOG ENTRY: SOL 197


Sigh...”


“HEY, MELISSA...”


LOG ENTRY: SOL 376


I’m finally done with the rover modifications!”


LOG ENTRY: SOL 431


I’m working out how to pack.”


LOG ENTRY: SOL 458


Mawrth Vallis!”


LOG ENTRY: SOL 476


I think I can work this out.”


“THE DEPARTMENT heads stared at the satellite image on the projection screen.”


LOG ENTRY: SOL 505


I finally made it!

“THEY GATHERED.”

1 comment:

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)