Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sentence Sneak Peek - Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer


The first sentence from each chapter of Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“YEAH, I KNOW.”

“THE FAMILY MANSION SUCKED.

“WELL, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!”

“YOU’VE HEARD ABOUT bad Boston drivers?”

“YOU CAN’T DROP a bombshell like that and walk away!”

“I’D SEEN SOME WEIRD STUFF IN MY LIFE.”

“WOW, MAGNUS, you’re probably thinking.”

“BACK IN SCHOOL, I loved ending stories that way.”

“WOULD IT SURPRISE you to learn that the place was bigger on the inside?”

“I WASN’T PAYING the closest attention as Hunding guided me through the hotel.”

“I COLLAPSED ON THE GRASS.”

“IN THE HALLWAY, my neighbors were starting to emerge.”

“WE WERE SWEPT UP in a tidal wave of hungry warriors.”

“HOORAY FOR GOING LAST.”

“MY COURAGE IMPRESSED NO ONE.”

“I REALLY WISHED someone had warned me I was going to die.”

“I DIDN’T SLEEP MUCH.”

“THERE HE IS.”

“I TOLD MY NEW FRIENDS I was allergic to dismemberment.”

“A FAMILIAR VOICE SAID, “Dead again, eh?”

“THE MAIN THING I discovered: Valhalla needed GPS.”

“FORTUNATELY, a friendly berserker found me wandering through the spa on the hundred and twelfth floor.”

“WHEN SOMEONE SAYS, It’s the Squirrel, you don’t ask questions.”

“TURNS OUT VALHALLA had been sending its recycling to home plate at Fenway, which could explain any problems the Red Sox were having with their offensive lineup.”

“ONE GOOD THING about being homeless: I knew where to find free clothes.”

“EVEN IF I HADN’T seen her in the park two days before, I would’ve recognized her up close.”

“AT THE NORTH END of the park, Sam crossed Beacon Street, heading for the footbridge over Storrow Drive.”

“BLITZ LED US down the Esplanade, where a pier extended into an icy lagoon.”

“WE DIDN’T TALK MUCH as we headed back through the park.”

“ADD TO MY LIST of Least Favorite Activities: eagle surfing.”

“I’D NEVER BEEN SCARED of boats until I saw Harald’s.”

“IT WAS A TERRIBLE AFTERNOON TO FISH.”

“WHEN I SAY the serpent opened his eyes, I mean he switched on green spotlights the size of trampolines.”

“I’M THINKING NOT,” I REPLIED.”
“AFTER GIVING ME the slightly shriveled apple of immortality, Sam left me at the docks.”

“CALL ME CRAZY.”

“I ALWAYS LIKED CLIMBING TREES.”

“I STOOD IN A SUNLIT meadow with no memory of how I got there.”

“MOM?”

“I DON’T REMEMBER LANDING.”

“I HAD TO HAND IT TO NABBI.”

“CRASHING AT BLITZEN’S apartment was the high point of our trip.”

“KENNING SQUARE looked like a basketball court without the baskets.”

“SAM PICKED THAT MOMENT TO SHOW UP.”

“I’M PRETTY GOOD at multitasking, so I figured I could flee in terror and argue at the same time.”

“I KNEW I WAS IN TROUBLE when I woke up dreaming.”

“AS LOKI HAD PROMISED, I woke up with a goat in my face.”

“JOTUNHEIM LOOKED a lot like Vermont, just with fewer signs offering maple syrup products.”

“I COULDN’T HELP IT.”

“YEP.”

“HEARTHSTONE WENT to sleep first, mostly because he was the only one who could sleep with Thor’s snoring.”

THOR WAS STILL SNORING like a defective wood chipper when we were ready to leave the next morning.”

“JUST KIDDING THIS TIME.”

“RAPPELLING DOWN THE WALL was the easy part.”

“THERE’S NEVER A GREAT TIME for Daddy Giant to come home.”

“RUN!”

GUNILLA JABBED HER spear tip against Blitz’s jugular

“I STOOD ALONE in a snowstorm on Bunker Hill.”

“BEFORE I COULD plummet to my death, someone grabbed me and pulled me back.”

“BLITZ AND HEARTH were waiting for us outside the New England Aquarium.”

“I DIDN’T THINK anything could be worse than our fishing expedition with Harald.”

“I REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME I saw Plymouth Rock.”

“WELL, WELL,” said the Wolf.”

“VALHALLA’S DAILY COMBAT training finally made sense to me.”

“THE STRANGEST THINGS can save your life.”
“I DON’T KNOW WHY IT BROKE ME SO BADLY.”
“WE’VE GOT A FREY BOAT!”
“HE LOOKED LIKE a Hollywood Viking.”
“WE MUST HAVE LOST an entire day returning to Valhalla, because dinner was under way in the Feast Hall of the Slain.”
ODIN GOT HIS DRINK, offered some toasts, then began pacing in front of his throne, talking about where he’d been and what he’d been doing the past few decades.”
THE FUNERAL was held on the pond in the Public Garden.”

“THIS IS WAY BETTER than the last memorial I attended,” Annabeth said.”

“RANDOLPH HADN’T SLEPT since his nephew’s funeral service.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)