Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Review - Firsts

Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn

* Received from NetGalley for review.

3 out of 5 gnomes (only got up to 3 gnomes because I really liked Faye's character)


This is by no means an easy book to read, I can imagine it’s going to offend quite a few people. It is an interesting depiction/view of sex though. I thought this book was going to have more humor and some better reasoning to it. The best word to describe this book would probably be Messy.

Dear Firsts,

I thought you would be something like the movie Easy A which was hilarious. My good book though you are sorely lacking in humor. I really do like your characters but your reasoning skills are more than a tad shady. I could almost see why your main character would think her de-virgining services were a good thing. The more you think about it though the more the whole idea unravels.

The character I liked the most was Faye. She kind of showed up out of nowhere and by the end of the book I liked her a whole lot more than Mercy. I think it was because she was more direct with everybody and way more open with her feelings.

The couples in the story and how the pairings turned out were not what I was expecting either. I think it would have been a lot more interesting if they went in another direction.

I don’t want to spoil anything but I’m pretty sure with some of the stuff that happens that the police would realistically have gotten called at some point especially that solution at the end. A good but not great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)