Saturday, February 6, 2016

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - Golden Son

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“They say a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. They made no mention of the heart.”

“How could so frail a girl have such a spirit, such a dream as freedom, when so many strong souls toiled and kept their heads down for fear of looking up?”

“You stop being such a little bitch.”

“How cruel a life, that the sight of my dead wife means hope.”

“I do what I need to do. No more. No less. And I need a warlord. I’ll be Odysseus. You be Achilles.” “Achilles dies in the end.” “Then learn from his mistakes.”

“I thought there was a plan, a long, large reason for all my toil. But there was nothing. I know that now. Even Dancer was just waiting to see what happened. Hoping.”

“I am a child of hell, and I’ve spent too long in their heaven.”

“There is no greater plague to an introvert than the extroverted.”

“As she puts it, ‘Home isn’t where you’re from, it’s where you find light when all grows dark.’”

““In a world of killers, it takes more to be kind than to be wicked. But men like you and me, we’re just passing time before death reaches down for us.”

“Never tell me the odds, just do it,” I command.”

“To me you are not expendable. So what I ask of you is this: choose me as your commander and overwhelm those Golds who think you expendable.”

“Someone knows. He knows and he’s here.”

“I forgot you can blush!”

“He says gnomes steal ear wax from him at night.”

“I say he just lives in a more entertaining world than we do.”

“I would not have raised you to be a great man. There is no peace for great men. I would have had you be a decent one. I would have given you the quiet strength to grow old with the woman you love. Now all I can give you is a chance.”

“Sevro held tryouts.”

“Don’t worry. You’re not senile. They’re just odd.”

“Collecting the set, hopefully.”

“I’m Gold, bitch. What’d you expect? Warm milk and cookies just because I’m pocket-sized?”

“Chance put us in our families. But we choose our friends. Victra chose me. I chose her, like I chose all of you. And if we cannot trust our friends”— I look to Roque plaintively, seeking absolution in his eyes—“ then what’s the point in breathing?”

“It’s like everyone forgets I only missed one question on the Institute’s slangsmarts test.”

“She’s too smart to lie to.”

“Yet it takes only one truth to bring a kingdom of lies crashing down.”

“But I think it weakness, not strength, to abandon decency for that strange darker spirit.”

“All the love I’ve earned and lost and still wish to live for, I let burn in me.”

“Goryhell. You’re so tender sometimes.”

“I’m a man, and she’s the woman I want.”

“And what is the bloodydamn point of surviving in this cold world if I run from the only warmth it has to offer?”

“It’s like the giants have little ridiculous elves inside them just waiting to spring out and cackle. Just takes a lot of provocation.”

“One word shatters a thousand lies.”

“Death begets death begets death.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)