Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Review - Arrows

Arrows by Melissa Gorzelanczyk

3 gnomes and a gnome hat out of 5 gnomes

This book was cute but felt rushed. I liked the concept of it all with the cupids and trying to fix a mistake.

I really wanted to know more about the cupid society and what they did. You get bits and pieces but never the whole picture. You can tell that the old ways are probably not best but the new ways or what different cupids want to happen

It felt just a little too on the nose that the girl was named Karma. Let’s just say that because of an arrow she has a bunch of pretty darn bad karma.

Then there’s Aaryn a cupid taking a final that goes very wrong. That part’s actually entertaining. I think he could have been played as even more clueless though because before this he was a god and didn’t see things the human way.

The relationship is of course not exactly healthy. You will feel really bad for Karma and hate her boyfriend.

The final/ending was really interesting it just happened so fast though. I think overall I just wanted more explanation and depth to the story. The love story part of it all was extremely hard to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)