Friday, February 5, 2016

Review - Golden Son

Golden Son by Pierce Brown

5/5 Bloodydamn brilliant

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! (aka the sound I made when I finished reading.) that ending... What a real kick to the head/twist of the knife right to the heart.

The story picks up two years or so later then the last book and shows you just how far Darrow has come. He’s great at infiltrating the Gold society. He is firmly immersed into the world of the Golds and you see what craziness he goes through.

Intrigue, spies, mystery, allegiances, there is plenty to go around. Twists and turns abound. Plus if you’re like me and love spaceships and battle scenes, then this is definitely the book for you.

The characters I already loved continue to be intriguing and there are new characters too that really shine. The Telemanuses are my new favorite characters, especially Kavax Telamanus.

These characters are so conflicted and their world is in need of change desperately. This sequel shows the horrors of war and that some people will do anything not to change.

This story goes all out into warfare. There are even more deaths than I thought there would be. It shows that just because you have a plan does not mean that it’s going to work out.

For a lot of the book you’ll feel really bad for Darrow and well pretty much everyone he knows. The scheming is this story gets turned way past eleven. The key seems to be that you have to figure out who to trust and it’s not as easy as you’d think it would be.

You have to truly wonder which side is going to win and even if a revolution is going to be possible.

I truly have no idea what to expect from the final book, I just know that I want to read it ASAP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)