Friday, April 22, 2016

Rambling about Reading

Are you listless, tired, about to throw that book right out the window? Maybe it’s time for you to SWITCH THAT GENRE. If you’re stuck in a reading rut, I’ve found that it can be best to switch it up to something brand new. I’ve found that is much more entertaining and less brain deadening to read a little bit of everything.

Don’t go getting stuck on age or genre either. Sometimes there is nothing more entertaining than reading a great Children’s book that is chock full of jokes or puns like Fart Squad by Seamus Pilger (I dare you not to smile or at least laugh out loud when reading about fart based super powers.) This recommendation is courtesy of me, a thirty year old library assistant who loves to read. :) No matter your age sometimes it’s just fantastic to laugh.

I read everything from comic books, Children’s Books, YA, Paranormal Romance, etc… If a book has a great premise, then I am more likely to want to read it ASAP no matter whether it’s fiction/nonfiction.

Don’t stick with the same old same old. If you do, then you might never find characters that will continue to speak to you no matter what age they were originally meant for. I know I’m thankful that I read a bit of everything when I discover characters like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Sabriel, and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)