Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Review - The Hidden Oracle: The Trials of Apollo by Rick Riordan

The Hidden Oracle: The Trials of Apollo by Rick Riordan

5/5 gnomes


Holy carp, what an awesome book. I didn't think it was possible but Riordan's books continue to be both surprising and ridiculously fun reads. He's a master at making all of this mythology fascinating and making it feel like it's springing off the page.

This story includes characters from earlier books and they are incorporated beautifully. Plus you get a lot of questions answered that you might have had from the end of the previous series.

I don't think I've giggled so much while reading in a while. The humor is definitely on point here.

You'll find plenty of funny and be drawn to all of these characters. New/old characters doesn't matter, I felt really attached to all of them.

Having a mortal Apollo as the main character is a blast. This leads to a plethora of quotable quotes. The use of music is also pretty darn hilarious. The whole character arc so far is emotional/intriguing. I love that the story talks about his love life too and that he's loved plenty of women but also a lot of men too.

He meets a new demigod who's both complicated yet endearingly odd. Their relationship looks to be really important.

Apollo has a lot to learn about being human and slowly but surely he seems to be going in the right direction. Hopefully he lives long enough to learn many valuable lessons.

I can't wait for the next book because I have a feeling that this series is going to be an epic read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)