Friday, July 8, 2016

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - You Know Me Well

You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour and David Levithan

* Read via NetGalley for review


 “Just one sip,” he says. “If you don’t, it won’t be a toast. It’ll just be a burn piece of bread.”

“Technically true. But the thing about possibilities: There are some you want much more than others. Or only one you want much more than everything else.”

“The moral,” she says, “in case you haven’t come to it yourself, is that sometimes it’s enough just to put something out into the world.”

“I don’t even buy the potato chips for my own parties, so I can’t begin to know how to answer that question.”

“He puts down the tennis racket, as if doing this suddenly makes him serious. He’s looking at me like I’m a pet that’s gone feral.

And, fuck it, maybe I am.”

“Because I don’t want to be your wingman—I want to be your goddamn copilot.”

“Most lives are long, and most pain is short.”

“No,” he says again. “That’s your future self talking. Your grown-up, dumb-fuck self.”

“I don’t want to be a calendar if I’ll never get a date.”

“No way,” Katie said. “We’re a tricycle, and a tricycle goes nowhere without all three wheels.”

“We are no longer what we were. We are now what we’re going to be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)