Thursday, August 18, 2016

Review - A Week of Mondays

A Week of Mondays by Jessica Brody

* Read via NetGalley for review

3 gnomes and a gnome hat out of 5 gnomes

Ellison has a very bad Monday and then some Groundhog Day-esque shenanigans ensue (aka she starts reliving the same day over and over.)

I will always be a sap for this kind of story because Groundhog Day is one of my favorite movies. Each Monday redone is pretty entertaining and shows a great progression of just how much can go wrong.

I think she’s just a tad slow to pick up on things and doesn’t learn the inevitable lesson of the story as fast as she should have. Though I guess that makes her normal or relatable because everybody know that it’s easy to make mistakes no matter how old you are.

I kind of wish the sixth Monday had been the last one because she’s so bold and funny that day but I guess it wasn’t quite as perfect as the last Monday.

Overall a fun read that shows that you really should be careful what you wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)