Thursday, November 3, 2016

Review - Iron Man: The Gauntlet

Iron Man: The Gauntlet by Eoin Colfer

* Read via NetGalley for review

4 out of 5 gnomes

This book is so much fun. It would make a really great cartoon or movie. Everything is really easy to visualize especially if you’ve seen any of the Iron Man movies. The author really gets this character and makes you care for/curious about each new character you meet.

I like this author’s writing style, I don’t know how to phrase it really but it all reads really comic book like and makes the story come to life more. The tone and changing viewpoints just let the story fly by.

I don’t want to spoil anything but let’s just say the conflict was very surprising. Plus it was really an intense read. There was plenty of humor and snarkiness to go along with the action too.

The ending was a nice twist and I love how it tied back to the beginning of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)