Monday, January 9, 2017

Sentence Sneak Peek - Poison's Kiss

Poison’s Kiss by Breeana Shields

The first sentence from each chapter of Poison’s Kiss, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Read via NetGalley for review
* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“I’m not a bad person.”


“The next morning I wake to Mani perched on the edge of my bed, giggling.”


“We slip outside and collide with a wall of heat and noise.”


“I wasn’t born lethal.”


“Gita shakes me awake the next morning before dawn.”


“All the heat drains from my face.”


“I wake up after nightfall and my first thought is of Mani.”


“When Mani and I get back to the flat, Iyla opens the door.”


“I drift off curled in a chair by Mani’s bedside, but my sleep is choppy, plagued with nightmares of huge snakes, dying boys and snapping whips.”


“Deven needs one more dose of poison, but I haven’t seen him in two days.”


“The next few days pass with excruciating slowness.”


“An hour ago I didn’t think it was possible to feel more betrayed, but I was wrong.”


“I stand outside Kadru’s tent the next morning with my heart in my throat.”


“I can’t stop staring at Japa.”


“I’m not sure where here is, since we’re surrounded by walls on three sides.”


“My head is heavy with new information, but none of it points toward where the Naga might have taken Mani.”


Deven sweeps his foot under Gita and has her flat on her back in an instant.”


“My chin is quivering.”


“The word takes a moment to register.”


“Suddenly the room is in chaos.”


“I gasp.”


“The Naga are due to arrive at dusk.”


“A howl pierces through my mind so painfully that I stumble backward.”

Iyla and I name our cottage the Blue House, even though every other house in the village is blue too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)