Monday, February 27, 2017

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World by Shannon Hale & Dean Hale


* Read via NetGalley for review

My Favorite Quotes/Lines:

“Here I am, New Jersey!” she said. “Doreen Green, age fourteen. Over five feet tall and not an inch mean.”

“Yay Doreen! Said Doreen, because no one else did.”

“This is gonna be a fuzzy ball of fantasticalism!”

“Or wait, was that girl implying that her wide, full cheeks were something to be ashamed of instead of a useful adaptation?”

“One good thing could undo a whole lot of bad.”

“Whenever I get bird meat, I like to eat it in the open, let the falcons and hawks see who the boss is.”

“But squirrels are creatures of honor and respect.”

“My mom cross-stitches happy sayings on throw pillows. Makes me want to punch them.”

45 Turns out you don’t really need to yell “AAAARRH” when you rip things apart, but it sure feels good. Probably that’s why Wolverine says “SNIKT” every time his claws come out.

63 Fun fact: I first learned the meaning of “morphological root” from a squirrel. Squirrels are crazy into linguistics. They appreciate the roots and branches of things.

5. She is friend to babies. This means she is not evil.

101 When some people get tired, they cry a lot. I had a friend in California who, whenever we had a sleepover and stayed up too late, got sooo gassy. Exhaustion comes in many forms!

“I’m here to kick butts and eat nuts. And I’m ALL OUT OF NUTS!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)