Friday, February 10, 2017

Review - Magic's Song

Magic's Song: A Nocturne Falls Universe story by Sela Carsen


My Favorite Quotes/Lines:

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)


“Hans Christian Anderson could kiss her flippers.”

“Also, did he know his girlfriend glowed?”

“You keep saving me." His voice, deep and a little rough, reached inside her and smoothed over the places that had been battered by life.”

"Looks like it." Nick nodded thoughtfully. "Explains how our unit has had a lot fewer problems transitioning to civilian life than so many others. Trick sang us through it."

“Just like that, he believed in magic and mermaids and true love. Nothing else was important.”

“He was singing a lullaby to the kelpie.”

“She might be a water fae, but that didn't mean she was a watering pot.

5 out of 5 gnomes

I love the Nocturne Falls books so I knew I wanted to read this story set in the same universe. It's only 63 pages long but a lot happens, its so very short but sweet. I love a good mermaid-esque story so this was a lot of fun. My favorite character was Bubba another mythological being that surprised me.

Daria and Trick are quite the couple and I love the magic they make together. Like I said it's short but the story still pulls you right in. Their backgrounds are intriguing and make for some great mythology.

All the other characters are well done too and it all feels true to the Nocturne Falls Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)