Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Review - The Truth about Cats and Wolves

The Truth about Cats and Wolves: A Nocturne Falls Universe Story by Alethea Kontis

My Favorite Quotes/Lines:

“Kai was reminded of another tragic play about two teenagers who had fallen for each other through an open window. That hadn’t ended well for anyone involved either.”

“The best thing about having workaholic parents was that they both understood the value of a mental health day.”

“Chica, if you need my skills to tell you that was a bold-face lie, you’re dumber than I thought.”

“It’s the parade,” said Maya. “Makes me extra stabby.”

5 gnomes out of 5 gnomes

A YA/Young Adult book set in Nocturne Falls equals pure awesomeness. After reading this story I really want to know more about all the other teenagers and kids in town.

Finn seems to be pure trouble at first, I mean what an introduction scene, that whole scene felt like something right out of a movie. He's in trouble/needs help and things go sideways real fast when he meets Kai.

Kai's background is really interesting. I hope to see more about the Greek and other nationalities supernaturalness (if that's a word.) The mythology of her family is intriguing and very powerful aka something I want to read a lot more about.

Finn and Kai's chemistry is intense and they are drawn together fast. I wish there was a whole book about them but this reads like the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)