Thursday, March 9, 2017

Review - The Bone Witch

The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco


* Read via NetGalley for review

3 gnomes out of 5 gnomes

This book was perplexing and vexing at times but also I just had to know what was going to happen next. It was a hard book to get through but I had to see what would happen. The story structure was something I both love and hated because it really made you feel like you were missing something because you’re never sure how Tea became who she is now.

I don't know how a book can feel like so much is happening when really almost nothing is happening. It kind of felt like a fantasy history book mixed in with a really dark future for the characters.

I liked the mythology and history of the asha. I did want to know more about all of the magic. What we do learn though is more than interesting.

The characters are all strong, especially Tea. I just wanted more of the story filled in. The whole past and future thing makes you wonder WTF happened over about two years.

That ending though was the truly infuriating part. When things are just getting good, like I don’t want to put down the book good, the story just ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)