Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Review - Miles Morales

Miles Morales by Jason Reynolds

* Read via NetGalley for Review


4 out of 5 gnomes

It was nice to read more about Miles Morales as Spider-Man. I know a little bit about him from the comics but it was great to get a whole book about him. There’s just the tiniest hint of an origin story but it works really well, you’re pretty much just thrown into his world.

This Spider-Man really reads like a teenager not an adult trying to act like a teenager so you’re not jarred out of the story but drawn into it. Also shows that Spider-Man problems can be just as crazy as regular high school problems.

This is more a Miles story than a Spider-Man story until almost the very end. I wish there had been more Spider-Manning because he is a really awesome Spider-Man. Saying that though you do read/hear about some of what he's done as Spider-Man and all the drama and trauma that he’s already been through. I’m hoping there are future books about Miles by this author.

The villain is definitely new to me aka one I hadn’t heard of before. This villain is also a sinister surprisingly old evil too. Plus it just seems believable from a real world and comic book point of view that a villain who believes this could form and cause chaos very easily.

His family life is well done. There is plenty of drama but also a lot of love between him and his parents. I have to mention his friend Ganke too, he is really entertaining and brings out a fun side of Miles.

I wish there had been more of a resolution with the ending. It was good but there are some loose threads that I’m very curious about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)