Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Review and My Favorite Quotes/Lines - The Reaper Rescues the Genie

The Reaper Rescues the Genie by Kristen Painter

5 out of 5 gnomes

My 3 Word Short Review = I LOVE LUCY J

The Nocturne Falls series is always a lot of fun to read. This book though might just be my new favorite. It just has the superb combination of two lead characters that you really want to root for and a story that builds to a great conclusion. I mean who doesn’t want to know what happens when a reaper with uncontrollable powers finds someone that might just be the perfect match for him...

Lucien and Imari are a terrific pair. Reading both of their points of view is great and makes you want things to work out for them all the more.

I also adore Lucien and Hattie’s relationship and am  very happy with how things ended.The danger definitely feels real and the ending felt realistic (well realistic in a world where lots of paranormal stuff is real) and will let them both grow as characters.
______________________________________


My Favorite Quotes/Lines:

He wasn’t. He never would be. But even a reaper could dream.”

“Books were a great comfort to him. They helped him escape the pit of his life.”

“I, uh, might have also told her you were a stand-up guy.”

“His eyes narrowed. “My cars aren’t precious. Life is precious. Things can be replaced. Very little else matters.”

“Life and death, black and white, wrong and right. There were no shades of gray in his life. Just in his vision.”

“The grim reaper, the genie, and the ghost. What a trio they were.”

"Lucien blinked to make sure this wasn’t another mirage. It wasn’t. He let out a soft curse."

“I am Lucien Dupree, reaper of men’s souls, War Angel, Rider of the Pale Horse, and death’s own chosen emissary. Who are you?”

“Yes. That was never going to change. I’m a man of my word.”

“Massage is very soothing.” Sure it was. That’s why her lady parts were making wishes of their own."

“Be careful what you wish for.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)